Monday, July 23, 2012

Table Names & Seating Chart



Roatan: Our First Kiss
Tahoe: Where B Proposed

I wanted to do a seating chart for the wedding. Mostly, because I wanted an excuse to make something creative, but also because everyone recommended it.


I really wanted to tie-in our love of travel, too. I had already decided to name the tables after important places in our lives - so I just needed to come up with a original way to display the table names and a fun way to display the seating chart.

A couple weeks before the wedding I came across a tutorial on making canvas portraits and I decided I just had to try. The craft store had a sale on canvases and so I committed to it. I think they turned out great!

Then I needed a seating chart. What I really wanted to do was take this map that has traveled with us through California & Honduras and use it. I finally decided to decoupage it onto a large canvas and then use brads and yarn to label who sat where. It didn't come out exactly like I imagined, but it worked perfectly and added a lot of fun to the day. Plus, it was a simple way to show our story.
We just had to go with the dorky title. It was too tempting.




No comments:

Post a Comment