Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Classroom Bulletin Board Ideas


Whenever I start a new unit I try searching the internet for new bulletin board ideas. This doesn't usually help. There are tons of ideas for primary teachers, but as you move up to middle school, less and less ideas appear.

That is why I thought I would post some of my favorite boards through the years. I know the more ideas I see the more my creativity gets moving.. enjoy.

The Art of Persuasion: Students were asked to bring in examples of visual persuasion. They then presented their examples to the class and stated which of the 12 techniques appeared in their example. Finally, they stapled it to the board to for a collage. Turned out very cool.
Poetry: Students wrote the examples used for the Forms of Poetry side. Famous poets were quoted on the Poetic Elements side. These boards were very helpful for having students practice using the vocabulary associated with poetry.
Art Board: By far this is always my favorite board. I just cover it in whatever art the students have created for the week. Left: A study of contrasts. Right: After going to Australia for the summer I was inspired by their art, so were the students, they did a great job!
US History: The first board is persuasive posters the students created advertising different towns in the colonies. The middle one is a US History timeline. Students drew events in history and, once we studied them, were responsible for creating a small drawing and description to go on the timeline. The final board are the story books students created to teach 3rd graders about the Declaration of Independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment